Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I Finished... Finally

I have been working with the Young Women (ages 12 to 18) in my ward (church) for almost four years. These girls are MY girls in every sense of the word. They come to me with problems, for help with homework when their parents aren't around, we laugh, cry, and dream together.

In Young Womens there is a program called Personal Progress where we have to complete 6 experiences and 1 project for each of the 8 Young Women values. The projects have to take at least 10 hours to complete and the experiences can take anywhere from an hour to three weeks of working on a goal. Some of the goals include help plan and prepare meals for your family for two weeks, develop a habit of scripture study for 3 weeks, notice acts of service and give thanks for 3 weeks, read articles on the divine nature of women, etc. When you complete the program you get a Young Womanhood Medallion. As a young woman I earned my medallion.As a leader we have the opportunity to earn the award just like the young women. It takes a lot longer as an adult to accomplish these goals. I think it took my this long because I am just too stinking busy. But, last night I had my interview with the Bishop and I earned my medallion. In a couple of weeks I will recieve it. It was such a blessing to redo this program. I have learned so much about who I am and who I can become. I have a deeper and stronger testimony that Heavenly Father loves me and watches over me. How thankful I am for my girls encouragement to complete Personal Progress, again.

No comments: