Thursday, August 25, 2011

Fireplace

In the shed there is no forced heating and air. We are going to have a wall air unit for cooling. We found a wood burning stove in Salt Lake for the heating. I have a stove in my basement (used it to heat up our home all winter) and they work well! But I have a few ideas to use the space better.I want to have the stove about 3 feet off the ground. That way you can have storage underneath for firewood without it being in the way of everything.This outdoor stove really captures my vision of storage below (but our stove will be in a corner so only one cubby for wood).I love the cozy feeling this mantle brings to the room. The shed has a small living room (12 x14) and that is the only family space so it has to be inviting and feel big. A mantle would give the room some much needed "wall space" for decor (2 walls are full of windows and doors, one is the stairwell and the other has the opening to the kitchen). Again the storage underneath makes it so functional.

1 comment:

Michelle Kay said...

Cute. You should get a pinterest account. It has tons of fun ideas!