Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thankful Thursday Part 3

Since I won't be home this Thursday I figured I would do this early rather than late. I have to start with a story. In January I lost my wedding ring. One Sunday morning while in the shower I remember seeing my wedding ring and making a note to check I had it when I got out (I don't wear my ring in the shower). I had it on when I got out but took it off to put some lotion on. That is the last time I remember seeing it. I thought Spencer grabbed it, put it in the toilet and flushed. We tour the house apart (including the plumbing in the bathroom) but never found it. When we moved out of the apartment above the shop we didn't find it. I have been heartbroken since.

Well, on Sunday I decided to get out the Christmas decorations. I started pulling the tree out of the box and between the branches was my ring! Spencer must have slipped it through the whole in the top of the box because I had already taken the tree down the day I lost it but had not put the box back in storage. I am so lucky though. The bottom of the box was not sealed tight so the ring could have easily fallen out and really been lost forever. I was so excited! I was smiling like a little school girl who just got a kiss on the cheek from her long time crush. Yep. I was giddy to say the least.

So, I am thankful to have my ring back. But in all honesty, I am truly thankful for the man who asked me to marry him. I am thankful for marrying in the temple and the promised blessing that if we live worthily we can be together forever. There is nothing that makes me happier than the thought of being with my family forever.

No comments: