Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Who Needs Sleep?

Obviously not me. We went up to Salt Lake this weekend. Spencer slept the four hours it took to get there and then got up five times Friday night. Saturday night he decided to keep up the momentum and get up four or five times (I honestly cannot remember the count). Sunday he slept through the first session of conference, and then two hours of the drive home; thus Sunday night he got up at 11:30, 1:15, 3, and up for the day at 4:10. Last night he slept great! He went to sleep at 8:45,only got up once at 12:30 and slept until 6:20 this morning.
That however does not mean I did the same! Mark and I ate at a friend's house last night and we both didn't feel good afterwards. Mark took some medicine and got over it. I went to bed thinking sleep would be the cure. After feeding Spencer and going back to bed at 12:50 I tossed and turned with a tummy ache because Mark had used the last of our medicine. By 5 my body couldn't do it anymore. I ran to the bathroom but did not make it to the toilet before I started to puke. So, after finishing I had a big mess to clean up. At least I felt better, and finally I got an hour of uninterrupted sleep!

Moral of the story: make sure you get sleep and whoever has gotten the least amount of sleep should get the last of the medicine!!!!!

3 comments:

team wilson said...

I agree with the last statement. Did Mark realize he was taking the last of the medicine? I'm sorry you are getting no sleep and hope tonight is much better. Love ya!!

Mike and Michelle said...

I feel for you. McKay was a terrible sleeper! I am hoping for a baby that likes to sleep this time!

Kandis said...

I feel your pain. When Ava was born I slept for the first two months holding her. I think in that two months I only got maybe 60 hours of sleep. I hope it has gotten better huh?!