Monday, August 25, 2008

We Have a Backyard!


Well, in my last post I said we'll see how putting in a backyard goes before winter. Little did I know that I would have one already. Mark decided that he wanted to get the yard in before Spencer gets here so we (mostly he) decided to get it done as fast as possible.


Last weekend Mark and I worked very hard getting the ground level and tilled. During the week we were busy trenching, putting in the sprinkler system and getting recruits to come help lay sod on Saturday. We also put in a little paver walkway to access the side yard.


On Saturday everything went smoothly. The sod arrived at 9 am. The guy who brought the sod left us 16 pallets of grass all over the yard. I can't imagine if we would have had to carry the sod from one end to the other. We got all 8,000 square feet laid in just over three hours.


It was amazing how fast laying it down went. The boys would work on getting the final leving done and carrying the sod to us girls. We would unroll it, make sure the seams were close together and the rows were straight as possible. The end result is amazing!


We would like to thank everyone who came over to help: Ben, Toni, Mom (watching Mason was the biggest help of all), Dani, Sevi, Maddi, Nate, and Alean. Without their help we would still have sod to lay. This picture is after all our work we had a pizza lunch (very yummy).

Other news, our garden is about to the end of it's rope. We have still been picking quite a bit off of the plants, but they are starting to dwindle. Here is a picture of one night's picking of green beans. We have enjoyed our little garden and can hardly wait for next spring to have a bigger one. We really want to get a strawberry and raspberry patch going.

We still haven't had our little Spencer bless us with his presence quite yet. I am going in to the doctor today for another check up so I will let y'all know how that goes. I will say Spencer is still moving a lot and hasn't really dropped down any more, nor have I had any contractions recently. Mark and I are thinking he is going to be stubborn and take his sweet time. But, we know he is worth the wait.

3 comments:

The Sweets said...

Carrie!
Hi, it's Shelley(Laursen)Sweet! I was so excited to see you have a blog, so I can kind of keep up with how you are, and what you've been doing. I don't think I've seen you since your wedding-so it's been a while. I'm so excited for you to have a baby boy-Congratulations! Hope all is going well! Keep in touch!

Mark and Carrie Miller said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Josie said...

Wow! I am way impressed! Good work!