Monday, August 23, 2010

A Few Goals

Lately I have really been wanting to be better about some things in my life. So, I am writing down my goals/expectations so I can be more accountable for them.

1. Read my scriptures for 20 minutes a day. To do this I know I will have to get up earlier than Spencer.

2. Do one chore around the house each day. I have made a simple chore chart to help with this one.

Monday- Dust
Tuesday- Bathroom
Wednesday- Kitchen
Thursday- Sweep/Mop
Friday- Laundry
Saturday- Bedrooms

3. Work on something creative once a week. I always have fun ideas (christmas cards, scrapbooks, home decor, etc) but never do them so now I will. This week I want to finish Katherine's blanket and start making announcement cards.

4. Organize my living room. This means getting my budget/desk/library/craft corner unpacked (since I have been living there for 3 months I think it is time).

5. Send out birthday cards on time to my family. Yep, I am only like 4 months behind on this one (or more for those I don't have an address for). My siblings are so good about remembering my family's birthdays and I have been horrible this year.

6. Start exercising. Ok, probably not going to really start this one until after Katherine gets here but it is my goal nonetheless. I am thinking of walking to the mailbox and back. I think it is 3/4 mile roundtrip. Start there and see how it goes.

No comments: