Monday, October 5, 2009

!!! Fire Power !!!!

So, when we got back home from Salt Lake on Sunday I called my sister who lives in Cedar to let her know we were back in safety. She said she had been at our lighting store and it smelled like something was burning. She looked around and didn't see anything unusual so she said not to worry.

When we got home the power was out. Apparently, it went out at 12:55, we got home at 7 or so. We sat in candlelight/by the fireplace (the only way we could heat our house at the time) for two more hours. Go figure!

Monday morning we came to work. We looked out the window to the back of our property and low and behold, a fire went down the weed alley along the whole back side of our building! Not only our building but most of the buildings on this two block street! No worries though, none of our property was damaged. I will take pictures and post them soon.

All I can say is thank you Heavenly Father for protecting us and our stuff! I know we were blessed for listening and watching all of General Conference, but these extra blessings that I usually take for granted everyday really were things I needed!

2 comments:

team wilson said...

That is scary! So glad your property was okay. You and all of us really are so blessed.

alfburg03 said...

Carrie, It is me - Amy (Forbush) Burggraaf. You mentioned your sister lives in Cedar... Cedar City? I am now living there. Which sister? Your little boy is so cute. I'm glad you blog. It is fun to see how you are doing.