Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween/ I HATE MICE!!!

Happy Halloween Everyone! Okay, so we are just four days late. For Halloween Mark and I went to our Ward Party. Then we drove to Salt Lake to trick or treat at my mom's. We stayed for the weekend of course and had a lot of fun. Spencer dressed up as a Hawaiian/Beach Boy, Mark was a German Yodeler, and I was a princess. It was great to be able to fit in my Jr. Prom Dress only 7 weeks after having Spencer. We went up because Spencer and his Nanny can't go more than three weeks without seeing each other. On Saturday we got to go to Desert Star with my Dad, Grandma Adams, Steph, and two friends Steve and Nate. It was a lot of fun.
On Sunday we went to Mark's sister Liz's house. Her two kids are so much fun! They have a lot of energy, no wonder Liz is so skinny. We loved spending time with Liz's family and wish we could do it more often. We also went to church with my parents and then had some wonderful stew (Thanks Mom!). Spencer did such a good job traveling this weekend. On the way up he slept the whole way, but then he didn't want to go to bed at all Friday night. On our way home He slept half the way down and then ate his bottle the rest of the way.
Before I tell you my next story I must say that I HATE MICE!!! I am always the one that finds the dead mice in our house. Even before we were married I found them. When Mark was remodeling the old house three of his brothers lived with him. They had baked a cake and left it out overnight. The next morning they found the cake had holes in it where a mouse had eaten it. So, they put a mouse trap right on top of the cake. I went to the house to make Mark some lunch and found a dead mouse in the trap on top of the cake!!! I called Mark in a frenzy and he and his brothers all came home in a hurry to catch their findings.
Since we have moved into the new house we haven't had a mouse (that is 15 months!). Last Thursday I went into the sitting room to get Spencer's bottle to clean it. When I picked it up the nipple was half eaten. A stinking mouse ate it trying to get the milk leftovers. So, on Sunday after being in the car for four hours I really had to go to the barhroom. I rushed into the master bathroom and found this!
Somehow the mouse climbed into the toilet and comitted suicide! Mark and I have nicknamed him the suicidal mouse! I hope I never have to find another dead mouse again but one can only hope. Sorry if this is gross to any of you, but if I had to experience it first hand the least you could do is read about my horrifying tale.

5 comments:

Jess said...

that is disgusting! and hilarious at the same time!

Mike and Michelle said...

I found your blog. I hope you don't mind if I add you to my list! Your baby is so cute by the way. I'm sorry I couldn't come to the blessing, but thanks for the invite!

Hillary said...

So did you flush it or pull it out?

team wilson said...

New blog rules: No dead mice pictures!!!!!!!!!! If you feel you have to, there needs to be a warning or disclosure at the beginning!! Seriously. I'm going to have nightmares tonight. I hate mice too. I'm sorry you had to see that though. Gross!!! Love you!!!

Josie said...

You guys look great! The dead mouse is pretty nasty, I agree with you, ick! Just get a cat.