Monday, July 14, 2008

Surprise!...Or Not...

This weekend was supposed to be a relaxing, no major events weekend. Friday night Mark and I went to Walmart to get out of the house and then to his brother's house to hang out for a while. All night Mark kept winking at his brother, so I knew something was going on. Saturday morning while I was getting ready Mark strongly suggested that I do my hair instead of put it into a ponytail. My mom and sister, Steph, came down late Saturday morning to pick up some things for my mom to finish her basement bathroom and laundry. We decided to go to lunch and then visit one of my brother in laws before they left to go home. When we got to my brother in laws some old neighbors from West Valley pulled in behind us. That was when I knew for sure they were throwing me a baby shower!
It was so much fun. A lot of my family, friends, and ward neighbors came to the shower. And, in the words of my neice Ashlynn yet again, we were soo spoiled! We got a lot of diapers, cute clothes, blankets, and toys. It was so good to see old friends too. My neighbors that pulled in behind us were Wayne and Janet Benzon. After the shower they came over to our house and had a German dinner (cooked by my Mark). It was very yummy. While Mark cooked Janet treated us to some beautiful music on the piano. It was a great time.
So, to all those who surprised me, THANK YOU! I had so much fun and I love you all.

No comments: